Monday, March 11, 2013

Julep: March It Girl Maven Box Review & Swatches

 

From left to right:
  • Joy: Smoky mauve creme
  • Teri: Tropical coral pink creme
  • Shenae: Pastel mint green opalescent shimmer
  • Simone: Soft pastel lilac opalescent shimmer
Click "Read More" for swatches and reviews!




This month I ordered the It Girl box from Julep. It comes with three bottles of nail polish, and no full sized beauty item. This month's beauty item was a hand cream- which I definitely have too much of already. I'm usually a BoHo Glam box, but I wasn't wild about the yellow polish that came in it this month- so I opted to add Joy from the BoHo box as an add on. 

Joy: Smoky mauve creme

 I am a huge fan of Joy. I'm so glad I chose it as an add-on. The formula was beautiful, Joy went on evenly and smoothly. It is rich with pigment, almost a one coater!

 Teri: Tropical coral pink creme.

Teri surprised me. It looks much, much bright on the finger than it does in the bottle. I'd say it's almost a little 80's looking. But aren't most corals? Teri dried quickly, which was awesome. It definitely needs two coats. My first coat of Teri applied very streaky.

Shenae: Pastel mint green opalescent shimmer


I had high hopes for Shenae,,,and they were met! I've read some reviews about the formula being a let down. Watery and clumpy at the same time? I think I lucked out because this polish was a breeze to put on. It's a beautiful pastel mint with a slight shimmer. Perfect!

Simone: Soft pastel lilac opalescent shimmer

Simone is a soft, delicate and pretty, a lovely spring shade. It's a pastel lilac with just a slight blueish shimmer to it. I needed two coats to achieve opacity with Simone, but it dried very quickly. I think this will be a color that I'm going to keep coming back to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise